View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ] 
Your ideas for the iQuarium update! 
ID Member
ID Member

We are looking forward to your new ideas for an iQuarium's update!

Yes, that's truth :). We are already working hard on a quite big iQuarium update so all your suggestions will be very much appreciated!

I can reveal what we are planning:

- adding a "landscape mode"
- adding a zoom option
- improving the fish AI
- bug fixing
- and a little surprise :)

So if you have any ideas (and big thanks for these already posted!) write them down and we will take them into consideration!

Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:18 pm
Profile WWW
ID Supporter
ID Supporter

I spent a lot of time with iQuarium yet and wanted to write you a list of updates and wishes tomorrow.
As you are asking now for some ideas, here you have them:

As you already mentioned, landscape is a must have and one of the most important update I would prefer.

The others:

- new fish species to choose
- more than one fish in one tank
- tank will get more and more dirty, so you have to clean it for your fish
- more sounds (bubbles, background melody) for a relaxing atmosphere

These are the features I would like to see in iQuarium with the next couple of updates. Hope you like them as well as I do. :)

Co-Editor-In-Chief and Founder at pressHOME.de - Germanys iPhone Gaming Blog

Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:49 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Just joined
Just joined

Quote:
- new fish species to choose
- more than one fish in one tank
- tank will get more and more dirty, so you have to clean it for your fish
- more sounds (bubbles, background melody) for a relaxing atmosphere

I like these recommendations.

Landscape is a great option too.

I loved the pouring water effect upon starting the app the first time.

Could we get other animations as well, perhaps when the fish goes to the top of the tank to feed, we can see the top surface of the iQuarium?

So far I love the app.

Sean Ivy

Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:11 pm
Forum veteran
Forum veteran

Suggestion for a new name.............for a fish

Gorki
better
for a big evil fish

Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:40 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Forum newbie
Forum newbie

:( Only one fish in a tank, she will feel lonely~
:wink: one more, please~

Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:23 am
Just joined
Just joined

One fish is ok for me.
But more interaction with it could be really cool.
The dirty iquarium is a good idea. A mini game like : touch your fish before it disappear behind some rock or plant could be cool. Make it a little more "Spore-like" but with the Iquarium spirit ! (You could think of some experience point to spend in other thing than rocks and so on, what about some kind of reaction/temper/dance?) :wink:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:46 am
Just joined
Just joined

I would absolutely love to have more than one fish, but I wouldn't want to go overboard, either. I would be happy even if there were a max of two or three fish.

Also, the chance to choose a species type maybe? Or even... to add some things like a snail to the tank?

Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:22 am
Forum regular
Forum regular

I'd love to be able to arrange my unlocked plants, rocks, etc., however and wherever I want.

Drag-and-drop could work wonders with it!

Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:53 pm
Just joined
Just joined

I agree with some of the previous suggestions and a few of my own:

- ability to rearrange plants/rocks
- more than one fish & different species
- more interactions with the fish
- night view (turn off the aquarium light and get a different hue, I've seen this with other aquarium apps)

Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:07 am
Just joined
Just joined

joeldhall wrote:
I agree with some of the previous suggestions and a few of my own:

- ability to rearrange plants/rocks
- more than one fish & different species
- more interactions with the fish
- night view (turn off the aquarium light and get a different hue, I've seen this with other aquarium apps)

I like all of these ideas too!

I'd like it also to make a difference if I play my iPod songs while having the tank viewable, like having the fish react/appreciate the music I play. I'm not sure how that would work, but maybe if the app senses the iPod is active it increases the points per minute or a bonus point per straight hour.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:18 pm
Forum newbie
Forum newbie

hey, do u guys prefer it more when i post my ideas here in the forum than when i post it on the suggestions page of openfeint?

Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:47 pm
Just joined
Just joined

I agree with all of the above suggestions in addition to these:
How about adding other little critters to the tank, Shrimp, Tadpoles, Snails so they can play/interact.
Add more water sounds or other relaxing sounds which are pickable. I was a little upset when I realized that you had to "unlock" the bubbles sound.
Add day time/night time look to the tank depending on what time it really is.
Allow us to choose other fish or critters like a snail or a piranha or catfish-not just gold fish.
Allow color changes in the fish.
I like the idea of drag and drop/rearrange items.
Add more "secret" cool theme worlds like the alien. What about Spongebob world? :)

Looking forward to the updates.

All in all nice app! :D

Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:36 pm
Just joined
Just joined

Jelly fish are pretty neat. Maybe you could include them as a species selection.

Are these suggestions something you're working on with a possible upgrade date?

Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:00 am
Just joined
Just joined

again this could be me but i could swear now after update that when i zoom in to visit with my fish that it's not as big. it's as if the zoom feature got broke partially or something.

also the feeding could depicted better. on another app, of course right now i can't think of it's name!, you can see their tiny mouths opening and sucking in a piece of food. this app does nothing near that which is odd because the graphics overall are brilliant compared to anything else out there. i'd say it's better than all of them imho and even better than the pet animals like ipuppy.

what about snails? something to keep the tank clean. i mean it's not something you app even addresses but it's something to think about. how about being able to use ipod's own pictures as backdrop? saves you trouble of having to create them. you can still make rock or other 3d elements for updates or point/purchase.

i would suggest that you carefully choose what you charge for as some apps have gone in app purchase crazy making them less user friendly and imho causing people to stop using them altogether. i'm not saying do away with in app purchase exactly just be choosy and think of the user who has already bought the app and their expectation of updates to some degree for that buy in price. okay that was a long soapbox rant.

oh how about being able to change the fish separately so you can have two different colored fish?

okay i know this may sound nerdish but what about fish gear like doggles (sunglasses for dog) ... fishles or a nifty cap or skirt. it's have to be up to your already great ai standard as some apps have this but they look very flat detracting from the experience. oh and i luv!!! the take a pic. feature. i just found that when trying to email you about the zoom issue! might want to mention it more or something. oh and make it so you can take a picture of your fish anytime.. just not when emailing.

okay too long post. see ya'll, shasta

Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:18 am
Just joined
Just joined

since i can't edit (you ought to think about that option for the forum), here's a new post...

my fish often goes off screen when feeding? what about making the background more scrollable? like sometimes my fish goes off screen and i can't scroll to find it or just to look around etc.

shasta

Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:31 am
Just joined
Just joined

i would love different fish species and diff versions so that we can buy a certain fish as im a fisho i would love to see a flowerhorn ass seen in this pic
http://www.somethingsphishy.com/images/ ... rn_JPG.jpg
and multiple tanks so that we can swap from tank to tank and have different fish, and a fish food that sinks so that we can see the fish eat it rather than pecking at the top of the screen thats what i would love to see thanks scott

Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:45 am
Just joined
Just joined

I love this app & update is great! :) I think after you get to the point where you can't get stuff for 2000 points at a time, you should create a gold treasure chest with 500 points floating out! This would keep things a little more exciting! Thanks

Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:01 pm
ID Member
ID Member

Very cool ideas - keep them coming! We are permanently working on updates so all ideas are always welcome!

Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:54 pm
Profile WWW
Just joined
Just joined

I really love this game, but I hate how my fish can die. Every time there is a problem with an update or I simply forget to check on my fish it ends up dying and that means starting all over again. It's frustrating and I think it makes people lose interest in the game when this occurs.

What if instead of having the fish die and starting from the beginning,
the fish instead was temporarily sick and there was some type of penalty, like not receiving points for a given amount of
time.

Just a consideration. Hope this helps! :]

Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:55 am
Forum newbie
Forum newbie

make it possible to name your second fish!

Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:52 pm
Forum regular
Forum regular

babyb516, in real life if you don't take care of a living pet like a fish it dies, so I think it's a good idea. What would happen if you had a real fish or other animal and you neglected it? A living creature would suffer! I would hate to see this feature go, as it gives the game an element of teaching youngsters about nurture and in households where pets aren't possible it helps people see that if you take on a responsibility, you take on a responsibility and forgetting to feed a pet simply isn't an option. A dog or cat will make their hunger known, but if you owned a real parrot fish, I'm willing to bet it would be dead by now!

As for the fish appearing sick, they *do* appear sick - they go paler in colour and become listless. If you fail to notice this, you clearly need something more severe to remind you to take better care of your fish :D

I have managed to name my second fish - in the box for the name, I put "Shell&Sandy". It would be good to get some more feedback on how the fish is feeling, like if you tap where it's temporarily hiding behind a plant, it could say "fish is annoyed" or something along those lines.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:39 pm
Profile YIM
Just joined
Just joined

Different coloured lights and gravel.

Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:22 pm
Just joined
Just joined

I know this is an oldddddddd post I am replying to but I'd like the fish to be able blow bubbles every once in a while.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:18 pm
Just joined
Just joined

new breeds of fish, a floating scuba diver with bubbles, clams that open and close to reveal treasure, snails or crabs to help clean algae

Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:49 pm
Just joined
Just joined

Maybe thre could be an update that allows user to name all the fish and not just the first one :-)

Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:36 am
Just joined
Just joined

It would be nice if there is widget that allows you to view the aquarium on your phone's home screen, or maybe you could add an option that lets you set your tank as a live wallpaper :D

Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:38 am
Just joined
Just joined

I love this game.
Right now I have 6 fishes.
It's possible to have 7 fishes?

Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:52 pm
ID Member
ID Member

Yes :)

Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:26 pm
Just joined