View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:26 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ] 
K-RALLY development put on hold 
ID Member
ID Member

We are sorry to inform you that K-RALLY for S60,S80,S90,UIQ,PPC,Palm has been put on hold.
Thank you all for great support.

Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:16 pm
Profile WWW
ID Supporter
ID Supporter

put on hold (? not sure...) -> translation -> mis de coté

aaaaaaa
:roll::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: damned :P

Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:53 pm
Forum regular
Forum regular

Xenos, does it means this game will no longer release? :evil: we wait for this game a year now. does the game already finished? :cry:

Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:50 am
ID Supporter
ID Supporter

It will be released but because of certain reasons they can't finish it now.
It will definitely be finished and released in the future.

Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:38 am
Forum regular
Forum regular

Oh man, that has got to be among the worst PPC news so far this year :(

Talk about a major letdown ... :cry:

Anyway, does this mean you guys will be working on something else or simply not releasing anything in the upcoming months?

Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:52 am
ID Supporter
ID Supporter

no news or a bad news? :?

hard question :P

Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:39 pm
Forum regular
Forum regular

what do we prefer...
no news or a bad news? :?

hard question :P

I can tell you this much: it's pretty obvious that a "no news" policy definitely doesn't favor you guys, but aparently you haven't realized that yet.

Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:13 pm
ID Member
ID Member

Please let me give some additional details about the status of this projects. The development of the game itself is about 95% completed. For some reasons we are unable to finish that 5% remaining now. The game will definitelly be released as soon as we find some additional resources for that. Please do not ask when because we dont know yet. We'll do our best to do that as soon as possible.

Thank you for your support!!!

Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:55 am
Profile WWW
ID Supporter
ID Supporter

yeah we can see on the "stolen" video that the game is nearly finished...
Just take your time, it's more important to deliver a finished game than an incomplete game.

Good luck! ;)

Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:14 pm
Just joined
Just joined

Infinite Dreams, you really disappointed me this time....

You teased us for years with stolen videos, fake betas (almost 1 year passed since that fake "April Fool" beta...) and "it's coming soon" things...

....and now what?

Now you suddenly put the project "on hold" because you "need to find additional resources". Additional resource for a project that should be on top of your development considering how much people is hardly waiting for this...

What a great way Infinite Dreams to thank all the people who supported you in all these years of wait for K-Rally. We are talking about YEARS not months. I changed 3 phones in the meantime I was waiting for K-Rally release, it passed really *a lot* of time :(

And what to say now?

Sure, I could say the classic "take your time" answer but I think you should expect a lot of people to loose interests in this "vaporware": K-Rally now is really looking like the "Duke Nukem Forever" of mobile phones...

P.S. IMHO the best thing you could do instead of announcing that the project was on hold was to release a "calm people down" demo. If the game is really 95% complete (and I think it is considering how well it looked in the video) you should have no problem to take a 50% from that 95% and release a demo so people won't loose interest in K-Rally while waiting for your delayed release...

Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:15 am
Forum newbie
Forum newbie

By resources do you mean you are short on cash?
I'm sure alot of people would pay money to pre-order the game and that would give you the resources to finish the game.

Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:09 am
Just joined
Just joined

Infinite Dreams, you really disappointed me this time....

You teased us for years with stolen videos, fake betas (almost 1 year passed since that fake "April Fool" beta...) and "it's coming soon" things...

....and now what?

Now you suddenly put the project "on hold" because you "need to find additional resources". Additional resource for a project that should be on top of your development considering how much people is hardly waiting for this...

What a great way Infinite Dreams to thank all the people who supported you in all these years of wait for K-Rally. We are talking about YEARS not months. I changed 3 phones in the meantime I was waiting for K-Rally release, it passed really *a lot* of time :(

And what to say now?

Sure, I could say the classic "take your time" answer but I think you should expect a lot of people to loose interests in this "vaporware": K-Rally now is really looking like the "Duke Nukem Forever" of mobile phones...

P.S. IMHO the best thing you could do instead of announcing that the project was on hold was to release a "calm people down" demo. If the game is really 95% complete (and I think it is considering how well it looked in the video) you should have no problem to take a 50% from that 95% and release a demo so people won't loose interest in K-Rally while waiting for your delayed release...

right, I agree with u...the delayed release of this game has definitely loosing many of k-rally fans...as mobile phone technology is now growing fast, and to make compatible to it, I bet this game would take even longer to come out if Infinite Dreams still defer the release of it..
and for me, I am already LOST my interests in K-Rally after years of waiting!

Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:09 pm
Forum newbie
Forum newbie

Some of you guys are being really harsh. Let me tell you that Infinite dreams is a good Development company. The fact that they came on here and was honest and told us not only what is going on, but WHY it is going on proves my point. Atleast they have come out and told us. If they delayed it then there is a darn good reason.

When they release it it will be good. Look at their other titles and the quality of those titles. On top of that product support here is excellent. Don't be too harsh on Infinite Dreams just because they have a set back.

It is NOT easy, in the current economic environment to develop and release games. Especially for Palm OS. I-Dreams wouldn't delay a release unless it was necessary as they are now losing money everyday that it is not released and also have lost a lot of man hours, time, and money on developing what they have. Sometimes legal matter can arise and throw a wrench into things. I have a Zodiac and Tapwave had several quality titles that were actually complete, but due to low cash and even one developer deal that fell through these games were never officially released even though most of them were totally completed.

Give Infinite Dreams a break and support them.

Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:56 pm
Forum newbie
Forum newbie

hahahahaha, what a joke. I haven't been here in over a year, and I thought: "they have to of released it by now." Oh man, I started laughing so hard when I read the title of this thread.

It's time to let go people. Forget supporting this company. They obviosuly don't care about the ones that keep their company alive... THEIR CUSTOMERS.

But seriously, thanks for having us wait around for a few years. That was always fun. Delete this account, I'll never be back.

Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:51 pm
Forum newbie
Forum newbie

Oh come on, like this is the first game in the world that was put on hold for a while. Besides, in the meantime you got Sky Force: Reloaded. No S60 version yet, but since the game is complete on Pocket PC, other versions should follow soon.

Go laugh at Duke Nukem Forever developers instead. Everyone is whining, but when the game comes out, people will play it anyways, because it's going to be damn good.

Great games came out of developing and releasing titles when they're ready. "It's out when it's done". Infinite Dreams guys should have this kind of attitude. Deal with it.

Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:20 am
Profile WWW
Forum newbie
Forum newbie

Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:34 am
Forum regular
Forum regular

is this true? does Idreams released k-rally?

Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:33 am
ID Supporter
ID Supporter

but it definitely will be released sometimes in the next two weeks.

Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:06 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 18 posts ]