View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Whipped Cream Soft Core - high score >2,000,000 
Forum newbie
Forum newbie

So I've been messing around some with WCSC, changing setups/order trying to see how far I could push the score. It's pretty easy to clear 100k on it but took a while to break 200k.... Then I had the idea of moving the bank from the obvious spot (bottom right) to the left side as I've tweaked my setup so that I only use one of the bottom left three slots - figuring if I put it bottom leftmost slot I could stick a general next to it. Was able to easily push up past 600k and eventually tweaked it enough to hit a high of a bit over 800k.

Today, I happened to notice that the universal tower I slot into the rightmost position of the bottom left side doesn't see any action towards the latter half of the waves so I swapped it out mid-game with another general (bank in the middle, now sandwiched between two generals) and I cleared 2,000,000 on the first attempt like that.

Never even crossed my mind to stack up generals like that as I didn't think there'd be a cumulative effect. I could imagine that coming in handy in trying to go for high scores on other maps.

I'm going to keep messing around with it to see how high it can go. Once you start having a ton of cash in the bank the increments of improvement seem to be huge, I imagine if I figure out a way to have that sandwich setup right from the start it could easily crack 3M.

Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:44 pm
Forum newbie
Forum newbie

Well, it's definitely possible to crack 3M and probably come close to cracking 4M, the only issue is that the game (or perhaps the iPad) struggles to handle the coin rendering. Once you pass roughly a couple hundred thousand coins, it starts to lag each time the bank has to cough up coins - the greater the number, the longer the pause. Over 1M the pause can stretch out to a few minutes. I suppose it's not too surprising given the fact it is trying to draw a few hundred k coins.

My best attempt so far had me at >1.6M with two more payouts left, that would have easily gotten past 3M but any time I get close to that point when it lags it eventually crashes rather than finally spitting out the coins.

Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:18 pm
ID Member
ID Member

We are already changing the values of coins if there's too much of them, but we may have to go even further with it. Thanks for the report.

Best regards,
Peter.

Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:57 am
Forum newbie
Forum newbie

Just noticed if you max a general on the left side of the bottom "branch" it can reach the middle slot on the bottom left. Just had over 2M with 3 payouts to go, by my math that would end up w/ around 7.5M final score.

Figure 3 generals each adding .1 so the bank is pumping out .55

2M, 3.1M, 4.8M, 7.5M

Ridiculous!!!!!!! :roll:

Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:35 am
ID Member
ID Member

How does that make you feel? Is it "this sucks" ridiculous or "wow, awesome" ridiculous?
We'll definitely adjust the system a bit, mostly for it not to crash the game beacuse of excessive amount of coins. If you feel it ruins the game in some way - we'd like to hear it.

Best regards,
Peter.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:14 pm
Forum newbie
Forum newbie

Much closer to "awesome". It is impressive what the bank can do when you get above a few hundred thousand coins. It seems, at least to me, silly to be annoyed that an iPad app would struggle when it has to render that many coins - while it's certainly not an exploit I doubt using the general/ bank combo was ever expected to reach numbers that high. Also it has added replay ability to some of the earlier levels where you can see opportunities for stacking generals on a bank. My guess is that the "too-many-coins crash" wouldn't happen on other levels as it takes 27 or 28 waves to get to that point.

Honestly once I realized you could crash the game because of the ridiculous amount of money you could make I thought it was pretty funny.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:45 pm
Forum newbie
Forum newbie

If you get it just right, you can make significantly more.

Just made first place by getting 118 million in just that level, a lot of trial and error though.
I could have done a couple more things to get a bit more than that too.

Interested in more levels too (not surprisingly)

Peter

Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:46 am
Just joined
Just joined

Hi nyermen, I appreciate a bit help to improve my results in WCSC! What's the level of difficulty you obtain such score? Regards

Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:45 pm
Forum newbie
Forum newbie

You can keep "Launching" and resetting, but I believe there's four "difficulty levels".
At least, I've done it five times, and my scores are only receiving a "x4" multiplier.

Btw, note that there's a fine balance between getting a large score on WCSC but not generating too many coins at the end (which cause it to crash).

If it didn't bomb out, I think I could make a score in excess of 300million (I think I've just under 200m)

Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:07 pm
Just joined
Just joined

Can you make the pig to throw out one coin with a finite sum, and not a lot of coins cost 10? Game so slow in discarding profits over 10000000 millions!!!!

Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]