View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Motion Detection 
Forum newbie
Forum newbie

Motion sensing seems like a new trend in gaming these days. Not only do we have Nintendo's Wii, but we get more and more mobile devices supporting this technology.

I'm sure most of people out there have already seen Super Monkey Ball demo developed for iPhone, and all of the other applications that demonstrate this type of game control.

But Apple and their iPhone aren't the only ones who pioneer the new technology. The motion detection revolution has already started in Japan a while ago.

Tilting your phone to move an on-screen object around might not be a revolutionary idea but what if you combine this idea with a great game concept? Namco and Panasonic thought it would be fun to try and do they made a mobile version of Katamari Damacy. You can read about it and watch it in action here:

http://morden.blog.shinobi.jp/Entry/57

So I'm wondering if Infinite Dreams shouldn't give this new approach a try. Many games can be controlled by simply "tilting" the ground area underneath the objects you want to controll. Imagine a game like "Balance" [a great PC puzzle - worth checking out] on your mobile phone, controlled by motion sensors.

Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:45 pm
Profile WWW
ID Member
ID Member

Accelerometer is definitely on our radar! :) It's a great feature and since it's now widely available we are designing our games to take advantage of it.

Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:14 am
Profile WWW
Forum newbie
Forum newbie

That's great news. I'd love to see a Infinite Dreams release using the accelerometer. Preferably a game similar to Ballance, the game I've mentioned in my first entry. If you're not familiar with the title, you can check it out by clicking HERE.

Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:21 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]