View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 9:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Extonix's acknowledgment ... 
Forum regular
Forum regular

Hello Infinite Dreams,
my name is extonix and I just want to THANK YOU for your newest game called "Hooked On: Creatures of the Deep". This game is just awesome and beats any other current game for the N-Gage 2.0 platform (and I doubt that there will be a game that can beat this one, unless you make another game for N-Gage 2.0, and I do hope that you'Re making another one!) :)

Here is my little feedback on your masterpiece:

GRAPHICS:
The graphics of this game are awesome! Fluid and good looking water animations, wonderful backgrounds and a lot of other nicely done animations (birds, sunset) really gives you the feeling that you're somewhere outside at the sea to catch some fishies!

The artworks are very funny and the maps are also good looking! Great job guys, you really earn a price for this section!

SOUND:
The soundtracks and SFX effects are outstanding and I'm always happy to see some games with music or SFX effects, because most mobile phones don't even have music or sounds, and this really sucks.

Imo, the sound is a very very important fact for a mobile phone game, because it gives you a better atmosphere and ties you more to the game. I'm really disappointed that a lot of mobile phone games don't have this feature, and even some N-Gage 2.0 games don't have music!

GAMEPLAY:
Well, its fishing + a lot of quests, nothing more to add, gameplay of course is fun, fun, fun! The mini games also look very promising although I didn't play one of them (just saw a video at youtube about the mini games).

All in all, this game is a very extensive game and the best N-Gage 2.0 game out there. Most of those other games (N-Gage2.0) are just crappy Java to symbian conversions, tamagotchi games, or stupid remakes, and this is a very sad fact. Developer's like gameloft (most of their games), EA Mobile and GLU (I chose them because they're the ones who produce those shitty N-Gage 2.0 games) are just thinking about profit, nothing more, seems like they really love their three principles:

Complexity, who cares? 1 hour should be enough! Who needs secrets, extra options or anything like that? And if this doesn't work, we give our games a crappy 3D engine which makes it look like more interesting, but it isn't!! AHAHAHAH ... +4€, +4€, +4€ ....
Sounds & Music, stupid buyers don't need such a feature!
Graphics, a new engine? Forget it! Where's our old engine from 2001?

Quality < PROFIT

Well, of course money is for everyone important, no question. But you really can discover, while playing your games, that YOU do love to create mobile phone games! All your games are made very lovely, are very detailed (another example: K-Rally) and funny as well.

And knowing the fact, that you're only a small company just makes me even more angrier at the big companies.

Thank you, thank you very much that you didn't loose the love for producing mobile phone games and keep creating awesome games. I would love to see another title for the N-Gage 2.0 platform.

Maybe I don't know what for a game you will create next, but I will know that the new game will kick ass! Thats for sure!

I do hope to hear from you soon ...

Kind regards,
extonix

P.S.: With this post, I'll officially start to boycott every game from those three developers.
P.S.2: I do hope that THQ will make a great WWP2.0. game for N-Gage 2.0

Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:01 pm
Profile WWW
Forum regular
Forum regular

Wow, what a great exaltation here in this thread! Really sad, that this forum is very inactive. :twisted:

Anyway, I got a little question, will there be a 3D hardware accelerated version of "Hooked On: Creatures of the Deep" for N-Gage 2.0?

:P

Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:45 pm
Profile WWW
ID Supporter
ID Supporter

haha are you propagating your boycott even here extonix? :D

i have nothing much to say about CotD, simple its fantastic game like other ones from Infinite Dreams and has all features which every good game must constain.

Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:12 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Forum regular
Forum regular

haha are you propagating your boycott even here extonix? :D

i have nothing much to say about CotD, simple its fantastic game like other ones from Infinite Dreams and has all features which every good game must constain.

Indeed, and it seems like you're also an user from the official n-gage forum, ain't ya? :D

Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:50 am
Profile WWW
Forum senior
Forum senior

Most of those other games (N-Gage2.0) are just crappy Java to symbian conversions, tamagotchi games, or stupid remakes, and this is a very sad fact.

There's a lot of quality exclusive stuff on N-Gage apart from COTD:

Bounce Boing Voyage
Creebies
Dirk Dagger
Mile High Pinball
One
Pro Series Golf
Snakes Subsonic
Space Impact
System Rush Evolution

That's way better than the original N-Gage which had no exclusive games at all at its launch.

Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:02 pm
Forum regular
Forum regular

Well, I exaggerated with "Most of the other games", you're right ... those games you listed there:

Bounce Boing Voyage
Creebies
Dirk Dagger
Mile High Pinball
One
Pro Series Golf
Snakes Subsonic
Space Impact
System Rush Evolution

are all looking promising and are also from other developers, so there could be hope!

But another the problem is, that there are too many people out there who just ignore the fact, that most developers are going backwards and reduce the content of their N-Gage followers. And that really sucks!

Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:27 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]